Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Moving Again


For the seventh time in five years, my family has moved. As much as I have done it (for school, to save money, for more space, etc.) I can tell you that it has not gotten any easier. I hope we don't have to do it again for a long, long time (If we do have to do it again, I hope that we will be able to hire movers that can pack up everything into a truck while I read a book).


So what's the point of me telling y'all this? Well, the other night at Adult Catechism class I declared that the biblical idea of worship was to be found in all of life, no matter what we're doing. We worship in work, school, play, and everything else, including moving. I have to confess: Yesterday I did not find myself moving with a joyful heart, thankful for God's amazing grace to me. I did not find myself worshipping God with my attitude.


Today the Holy Spirit has graciously convicted me of this disconnect between my words and my actions. May God by His sanctifying grace truly transform us from the inside out so that when these challenges come in the future we might display lives of worship!


The encouraging words of the Apostle Paul:


There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

No comments: