Friday, September 26, 2008

Saved by Grace


With each passing day I become convinced of two things:


1.) I am a truly wretched sinner.


2.) The only way I could possibly be saved is by some amazing act or acts of grace from God.


Thankfully, the second thing I am absolutely certain has happened. Jesus Christ lived perfectly from conception because I have not; Jesus Christ on the cross took the wrath of God my sin deserved; Jesus Christ rose from the dead in order to restore eternal life to my sin soaked body of death.


In meditating on the holiness and justice of God this morning I realize once again how much everything depends on Jesus. In my nature, I am a condemned sinner, but thanks be to God that through faith in Christ I am a new creation, a saint destined to live forever at His throne!

No comments: