Sunday, August 17, 2008

Core Values 3 & 4


This week I took a little vacation, so I did not post the sermon from last week. So this week I will post both last Sunday's sermon on the "Hammer of God" and today's sermon on "How God Delivers the Goods"
Be interested to hear any feedback on the second message. This message is about what God does through the Word and Sacraments. Being that this is a different view than what the majority of Evangelical churches in the U.S. believe, I am sure there will be some questions. I'd be happy to answer those questions to the best of my ability in the comment section.
Luther on Communion:
How can bodily eating and drinking do such great things?
It is not the eating and drinking, indeed, that does them, but the words which stand here, namely: Given, and shed for you, for the remission of sins. Which words are, beside the bodily eating and drinking, as the chief thing in the Sacrament; and he that believes these words has what they say and express, namely, the forgiveness of sins. (SC vi, 8; Tappert, 352)

No comments: