Friday, July 24, 2009

Living Christianly


Last year, really for the first time, I started watching College Football regularly. Just about every Saturday (it seemed like) the Florida Gators were playing on CBS; so I watched a lot of Gator's games. Over the course of the season I became a fan of the team, particularly of their quarterback, Tim Tebow. He's different than most quarterbacks in that he's probably a better rusher than thrower, and he's built like a tank.


Some time during the season I saw he had 'John 3:16' painted on his face. I thought, "Well that's unusual, but it is John 3:16 after all. Everyone in sports for some reason or another knows that verse." Then I found out that his parents were lifelong missionaries/evangelists in the Philippines. Today Sports Illustrated has a piece on Tim Tebow's faith and how it manifests itself in his daily life. Reading it this morning I was actually quite inspired. So here's the link for you to read as well.

No comments: