Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Under the "This is Sad" category....

First, I read a story this week about a woman (who is a women's studies major in San Diego) auctioning off her virginity on e-bay. (no link because pictures of her could be a little graphic) The offers are now up to 3.8 million dollars. The reason she is doing it? To pay for her graduate studies. Are there really any feminists, or women's studies professors that would defend her actions?

Second, I read a story about the soon to be junior senator from Illinois, Roland Burris (I know this is my second post about him in a week; I promise I know nothing about him and don't have anything against him). It ends up that he already has his own memorial engraved with all his accomplishments (at least up to now). You can read about it here.

No comments: