Monday, December 29, 2008

The Masks of God (Lectures on Vocation)


It's obvious now that I really like Gene Veith's blog (and other writings). What I particularly enjoy is his focus and emphasis on the doctrine of Vocation. (This is one of those things in the Church that is almost never taught on; if it was I believe there could be something of a revolution in the Church). Through his work he shows that the biblical view of things is that even the seemingly mundane, boring stuff of life has a glorious purpose in service to God and our neighbor.


Over the weekend I came across a series of lectures and articles by Dr. Veith on vocation. I've only listened to the first lecture of two, but it was fantastic. Click here to access the lectures and a number of articles on the subject by Veith and others (Thanks Ben). Enjoy!
(However, if you are at work right now or are spending time with your family, do not neglect them in order to hear about how to live out your vocation with them! Just continue to live out your vocation and learn about it later when you have time. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The link opens a page containing (among other articles) a collection of 6 Veith articles, each about 3 pages long.

If I click the "Audio and Multimedia" link at the top of the page, there's a collection of audio messages (the web address doesn't change). In this I see a 2-part Veith series on the topic of vocation and another or two Veith messages. Maybe you meant a 2-part series? I don't see a 5-part series.

I read the articles, but haven't heard the audio yet. I fumbled a bit with the links and realized how late it was. Another night, I hope.