Thursday, February 26, 2009

Johnny Cash

Justin Taylor notes that today would be Johnny Cash's 77th birthday. I can honestly say that Johnny Cash's music normally wouldn't be my style, but I have come to love it. His honesty about struggles with sin and His need for a Savior have been moving and encouraging. Sure, there are lots of bands that sing about these things within Christian music, but none as real or raw as Johnny Cash. Below I will post two of my favorite songs by the man.

The first deals with the theme of our Ash Wednesday service last night and is entitled "Redemption."



The second is about the final judgment called "When the Man comes around" Everytime I hear it I get chills. (Note: I don't really care for the video accompanying the song as it's message really has nothing to do with the song, but it was the only decent video on youtube I could find with the song)

No comments: