Saturday, March 21, 2009

Church Planting


Yesterday there was an interesting article about planting a Church by Fred Barnes (the political commentator). It turns out that he is among a group of people that are actually planting a Church in the D.C. area.

Some of you know that God has given me a desire to plant churches in areas around Southern California. This article gives a little description of why and how it might be done. (HT: Between Two Worlds)

Also there's an informative video from The Resurgence on what the calling of Church planter looks like if you're interested:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope this doesn't sound pessimistic (my own fatigue setting in)...
After spending an hour watching the video, I found myself hoping that others might have an outline of the main points and support - to read the same content in 5 minutes. More people could have been exposed to the message while still having the video as an option.