Friday, April 23, 2010

Conversion

When I was a teenager, one of my favorite bands in the known universe was "The Smoking Popes." They were not a Christian band, just a rock band that made great music (name not withstanding). Me and my friends Jeff, Ryan, and Jimmy would listen to them for hours, and then in our own band, would seek to write songs that were similar (ok, maybe exactly alike would be a better way of saying it).

Anyway, as we listened to this band, my friends and I would actually talk and pray about how cool it would be if the Popes became Christians. Lo and behold, not long after, Josh Caterer, their lead singer, did indeed receive Christ as Lord. Here below is a short clip in which he describes how his conversion took place:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Name not withstanding? Come on, "The Smoking Popes" is a great name for a band.