Tuesday, October 14, 2008

When is a Person a Person?


I found this article on Veith's blog this morning that is frankly devastating. The article deals with the issue of abortion in America and our collective shame for allowing it to happen. This insightful writer notices that abortion (the murder of unborn life) is no longer even close to the number one issue that evangelicals care about. Rather it's "the economy, stupid." As a matter of fact, in polling, abortion was ranked Number 7 in importance for evangelicals. Number 7!


So you say, "There are many christians that are pro-choice." I will concede at best, there are only confused Christians that are pro-choice. Yes, I know that's judgmental. But John was judgmental too when he wrote, "No murderer has eternal life in him." I am not calling all those who are "pro-choice" murderers, but by endorsing the allowance of abortion in the society, are you not in some way contributing?


Christians: 40,000,000 babies have been aborted since 1969. That equals out to approximately 2,850 a day. 120 per hour. 2 per minute. In the time it has taken me to write this, there will have been about 8 babies killed.


Sorry my evangelical brethren, the economy is not the most important issue.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I cried as I read this. For part of my young adult life I THOUGHT I was pro-choice. This was pre-christian, pre-republican, and pre-motherhood. The moment I found out I was pregnant, I realized how I could NEVER be pro-choice. It's something that should top every Christians list as something to stand against.

Tony Lombardo said...

I don't care whether or not you consider yourself a Democrat or a Republican, this issue is fundamental. Here is a recent article regarding the views of the two presidential nominees we have to choose from: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27035396/